This is because while it's fast and free, the User Functionality is poor and the User Interface is not great. It hasn't noticeably changed since it was first introduced.
So to improve it, we've added a free Domain Search Extender* to our FT Search Manager tool, seamlessly integrating with the existing Notes Client & Web Browser Domain Search. This means you can now search the Domain Index using our product as below (you can change the logo, colours, fonts, labels etc)
and get back more useful results in the Notes Client;
or Browser (including Tablet, Smartphone etc);
You can re-sort the results by column, export results and re-search, directly from the result pages.
Instead of getting a barely usable result set, you get much more useful search experience. For example;
- Seamlessly replace the standard Notes Domain Search.
- Configure the information returned per database, including the amount of summary data.
- Easily prevent 'rogue' documents from appearing in the result set, such as hidden or lookup documents.
- Control all aspects of the User Interface - Labels, Logos, Colours, Fonts, Font Sizes, Highlighting etc.
- Translate the UI to different languages - for example the Search button shown here is in Dutch.
- Click column headers to re-sort the result set.
- Search again using wider or narrower criteria.
- Export the result set via Notes or Browser.
- Take advantage of a host of other usability features, such as a web-style search syntax, many different user options, and just pressing Enter to search.
The result is Domain Searching as it should be - fast, easy, and powerful for both Notes Clients and Browsers, and most importantly, free.
Extend your Domain Search today, and make the most of your existing Notes infrastructure.
To download the Domain Search database and try it out, free of charge or obligation, please Click Here.
For information on other types of searching, please visit our FT Search Manager Page.
And for any other information or queries, please Contact Us.
*The Domain Search Extender is the only free component of the FT Search Manager, by default it does not include support or maintenance, and specific license conditions apply.